Looking for input on my garage rewiring project.
House built in early 1950's. A slightly roomy one-car garage. I want to modernize it and make it nice to work in; sometimes power tools and car tools, etc. Garage is attached to the house. No problem running cables from the breaker panel through basement joists to the garage.
Currently a single 15 amp circuit supplies this:
- garage outlets (3, 1 of which is for door opener)
- garage lights (3 porcelain ceiling fixtures)
- exterior garage flood light (1)
- exterior outlet (in backyard)
I'm thinking of doing this:
20 amp circuit:
- 8 outlets (2 side wall, 3 back, 3 other side)
another 20 amp circuit:
- garage lights
- ceiling outlet for door opener
- exterior garage flood light
- 2 exterior outlets (one in backyard, one outside garage door)
Does this seem reasonable? Or should the 2nd circuit be split up?